Monday, April 11, 2011

Prayer: What Makes It Different?

I absolutely loved this book by Philip Yancey. This book is one of many that he has written that focuses on Christianity. I don’t like to read a lot of Christian books besides the Bible but I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who loves Christianity. When I first started reading this book I did not like that it was somewhat confusing. You have to read slowly and have an open mind when reading this particular book. Another thing that I did not like about this book was that it was too short. I don’t really like reading long books but I would have liked this book better if it was longer and some of the main points were explained a little better. One of the best things about this book is that the author interviews a ton of people to get a majority of what the world thinks about prayer and then relates that back to the Bible and Christianity. I also like that the author used examples of his life experiences throughout the book to explain certain viewpoints that he
personally held. Overall, I would gladly recommend this book to teenagers and adults as it is offered at a low price and it’s especially worth the read.

No comments:

Post a Comment